Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lessons Learned


I absolutely loved conference!! I think that every talk was so perfect for me. I think I feel a much greater desire to just be better. One of my favorite talks was Elder Bednar's. He talked about how important it is to say and show our love, show and bare our testimony, and be consistent. Be consistent in the seemingly small things that matter so much; in family prayer, family scripture study, and family home evening. He said that many individual brush strokes make a beautiful picture. likewise, out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
This was illustrated for me beautifully while I was making lunch between conference sessions. Sarah wasn't happy with Mary about something and I said, "Sarah, remember Prophet Monson said to love". Sarah laughed and said, "Nooo, not Prophet Monson Mommy, President Uchdorf!". She was right! It was President Uchdorf that spoke on love. I was about to send them upstairs so that Rhett and I could actually pay attention. The girls were all over the place and I really thought they weren't getting anything out of it. I am so glad that we were consistent. on the other hand I am fairly certain that Mary really did get nothing out of conference but she will know that it is important to Mommy and Daddy. She will know that we know we have prophets and apostles and that it is important to listen to their counsel.

No comments:

Post a Comment